If you are ever involved in a truck accident, you will likely be quite shaken by the experience. After all, a big rig truck can do a great deal of damage to a passenger vehicle. You and any other occupants of your car could suffer extremely serious injuries. In the immediate aftermath of an accident, you may not be focused on pursuing compensation. This is perfectly understandable, but you will likely need recompense to cover medical and other expenses.
The expenses for which you may be entitled to receive compensation will likely depend upon the circumstances and results of the accident. These expenses are generally referred to as damages. In the case of truck accidents, here are some of the things for which you may possibly receive remuneration:
- Wages you lost by being unable to work due to the accident.
- Future income you will be unable to earn because of any impairments caused by the accident.
- The pain and suffering brought on by mental and physical stress caused by the accident.
- Medical expenses for such things as hospital treatment, doctor bills, ambulance fees, and care services.
- The loss of companionship due to the death a loved one in the accident.
When working toward receiving that to which you are entitled, you may want to get help from a Montana truck accident attorney. An experienced attorney could go over every aspect of the accident and assess how much money you will need to cover your expenses. Information used to make this assessment could come from an accident investigation, medical reports and an estimation of the degree to which the accident will affect your life moving forward. With this information, the attorney may be able to work out a fair settlement.